13 July 2020

Trumpists come in 3 types

It is becoming more and more difficult to remain detached in any way, so of course this morning I fought with Trumpists on the Panama Expats group on FB. I enjoy it because it is so easy. And honestly, it is fun. 

After all, not all Amerikans are now locked inside the Plague States of Amerika. Some became expats many years ago. Now the sit in countries that took them in, and they insult their host countries and praise Trump.

Watching Trumpists online, before I could be ill, I posted:


Continued support for Trump today is a sign of one of three things:
  1. Wealth - he's great for you if you are rich,
  2. You do not have the attention span to actually read what is happening, so you don't care that you've been conned.
  3. Stupidity - you failed your IQ test, and he's conned you,
To see which applies, first check your wallet and bank account, then read something, and if you cannot or will not, then number three applies.


Those three options are how I actually feel about those who still support Trump. They've had plenty of time to see what he actually is and what he is actually doing. If they still support him, I can only put it down to one of those three.


I keep saying that I’m done with Trumpists, or at least done being nice to them. The level of delusion and demonstrated disregard for other humans is difficult to comprehend, unless there is a national psychosis of some kind. For so many years they have been taught that Amerika is the greatest, in everything. People Want to some to Amerika, because Amerika is the land for Freedom. They pledge allegiance to the Flag as if it is an icon in a church, all the while spouting rubbish about how Amerika is a “Christian” country. If Amerika is Christian, then it most certainly is not the Christian community described in the Acts of the Apostles. 

I knew people who supported Trump at the beginning of his presidency. Good people, I think, who firmly believed that he was different, and that the office of president would bring out the best (or better) in him. That his no-nonsense style would result in international agreements (especially with North Korea; remember how that turned out). I understand that, the desire to believe in something, and to believe that in the good that Amerika can be (and has been).

The Shining City on the Hill. 

But that was not to be, and Trump has turned everything he touched to mud or shit. He has destroyed Amerikan prestige in the world while he seeks to destroy Amerikan virtues at home, and is actively working to destroy hard-won gains in improving the environment.

And through all of that, there has been a core of believers who cannot and will not change their minds, no matter what he does. No matter what happens, only the greatness of Amerika remains in their vision. As it all turns to shit around them, as the death toll climbed to 50,000, and then to 100,000 ("a good result", yes, he said that) and when it reaches 150,000 sometime next week or the week after, they will still support this conman. 

As those that are in the US are locked into the country, because their arrogance would not allow them to be locked in their cities, let alone their homes for the good of all of them, each other, they still believe him. They still support him.



I can only hope that some of the Trumpists that unfriended me have changed their views, giving me some residual hope that they are the good people I thought I knew. 

But the Trumpists simple will not learn, and the only option is to tell them like it is, and I’m no longer worried or sorry to upset them. They are racists and ignorant. And yet, the “rich” ones do not care about anyone or anything else. 

I especially like being called a "Marxist". Or, if I accept that Amerika is not the Greatest and Trump the Greatest President Ever, then either I am a Marxist or have been indoctrinated by them. 

They do not care, they do not read, and they think that everything that has gone well for them was because of their personal greatness and hard work and because Jesus loves them. Everything that has gone wrong for anyone else is their own fault.

They live in Panama, they can see the starving children, the slums, and the poverty and pollution. They can see with their own eyes. But they protect themselves by falling back on the "its all their own fault" excuse. Maybe they (the Panamains) didn't work hard enough. Or maybe they don't love Jesus enough. Or maybe even worse, Jesus doesn't love them as much as Jesus Loves Amerika. 

This arrogance is why Amerika has the highest outbreak, and why Amerikans are now the laughing stock (when we are not looking on in horror) of the world. The arrogance of Amerikans (not all, of course not, but enough to tarnish the image of an entire country) is simply beyond the understanding of the rest of the world. I served in the US military, I “paid my debt” for growing up with an American passport. I support their, and everyone’s, right to say anything they want to. And yes, I think that is and should be a universal right, even though many countries do not see things that way. 

But I cannot and will not support Trump or any longer give refuge to Trumpists.

They are a blight on Amerika, and a festering sore on the world.



2 comments:

  1. "is responsible for its own condition"

    I LOVE that in your screenshot! Totally well played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have become an outcast from my own family because I, a registered Republican, do NOT, and never did, support Trump. (Voted Libertarian in 2016.) It all started for me a long time ago when I didn't like banjos or rattlesnakes in church...only half-joking there.

    ReplyDelete